Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Great Summer Read!

As of yesterday I finished reading my first ever e-book! Honestly, I was a bit apprehensive about reading an e-book at first because I enjoy everything about books. I love the texture of the pages, the smell of the book, the feeling of when you finally have more pages in your left hand than in your right hand. All that to say I was pleasantly surprised with my first e-book experience. This wonderfully written book "Connected From the Start: Global Learning in the Primary Grades" by Kathy Cassidy included hyperlinks that led to videos of her students, samples of their work and useful websites. What an interactive read! If you have any free time this summer I definitely recommend it. "Connected From the Start" has great ideas and tips to help you start getting your classroom "connected". I feel that I should give one disclaimer though . . . do not read this book if you are not ready to get back into "teacher mode. It is one of those inspiring reads that will get your mind racing with all the wonderful opportunities for learning you can include in your classroom. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment