Thursday, April 11, 2013

Eureka!

As of last post I was still not sure how to start my sound unit. . . today I am here to announce the winning idea! I am not sure exactly when or how the inspiration struck, but it did and that's really all that matters. To start of the unit I have made a "Name that Sound" game. I have selected 20 random sound clips and the students will work in their groups and try to identify all the sounds. There were soo many fun sound effects to choose from and lots of humorous ones. I tried to restrain myself, but I couldn't help including a burp sound effect. After the game students will take their sound lists and find a way to sort the sounds (ex: loud and soft, artificial and natural etc) using a Venn Diagram. If you want a copy of the SMARTnotebook file let me know and I'll send it your way!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Christine! I'm doing a sound unit now too with my kids. Just found your blog through the forum, I'm your newest follower!

    ✿Sue✿
    Science for Kids Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue! I was just checking out your blog and I love the recycled paper you made! I will have to give a try during Earth week :)
    I am now one of your many followers!
    Have a great week!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete