Thursday, April 4, 2013

Light and Sound

So I'm currently procrastinating, watching Steve Spangler Science videos (which are great by the way) hoping inspiration will strike for my next Science lesson. We are currently in our Light and Sound unit and I am searching for the perfect way to introduce sound. We introduced light by making pinhole cameras out of Pringles containers and then we converted the staff room into a ginormous pinhole camera. It was awesome! We covered all the windows with garbage bags, cardboard and tarps so it wouldn't let any light in and only had the one small "pinhole". Then we held up a white sheet and you could see the outside image projected upside down and colour onto it. Since the staffroom was a tad small for all of the grade 4 classes we had the other classes go outside and dance around near the window so we could see their images. I wish the picture of the image would have turned out, but I forgot to turn off the flash!!!  So anyways now I am racking my brain to come up with something equally as engaging to launch Sound. Any ideas?
A little bit of prep, but well worth it!
As you may note from the grease marked pizza boxes covering
the windows we recycle, reducse and reuse. lol
This is the photo I ruined with the flash . . . just use your imagination :)

No comments:

Post a Comment