Sunday, April 21, 2013

Homophone Word Work

I saw this idea on 4th Grade Frolics a while back, but I finally got around to making! Last week I introduced this "Homophone Shaker" to the class as one of our working with words stations. They love it! Although it is a tad loud when shaken with gusto. For the station students shake the bottle to find a homophone. Then they have to try to write a sentence using that homophone and it's "pear" (a little homophone humour lol)! I have placed 15 pairs of homophones in the bottle and if they have trouble coming up with match they can search for it by shaking the bottle some more.

It works best if the word cards have the word printed on both sides

It was my first time dying rice so I was a little skimpy with the food colouring . . .
next time I'll be more generous with it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment